The 3rd edition of the USA Wine Ratings is pleased to announce the 2020 winners. Wines from 30 different countries were submitted with United States, Spain, Italy being the top 3 entrants. There were new additions like Ireland and Brazil. The top 3 varieties submitted were cabernet sauvignon, chardonnay and pinot noir.
This year’s competition was the best as far as quality of wines entereted, according to the judges.
There were 162 gold winners, 635 silver winners and 127 bronze winners at this year’s competition. Here are some of gold winners and special award winners:
- Wine of the year: 2019 St Andrews Riesling from Wakefield Taylors Wines, Australia.
- Winery of the year: Wakefield Taylors Wines
- Best Wine by Quality: 2019 St Andrews Riesling from Wakefield Taylors Wines, Australia.
- Best Wine by Value: 2018 Villa Bonaga Lambrusco Salamino di Santa Croce DOC Amabile from Italy by Lidl.
- Best Wine by Packaging: 2019 Unsi Terrazas White from Anecoop Bodegas, Spain.
View winners by country and varietal here
About Wakefield Taylors Wines
For three generations the Taylor family have crafted great Australian wines in the Clare Valley, South Australia. Discover our collection of award winning wines.
St. Andrews Named after the historic property first established in 1892. A true reflection of the terroir, St. Andrews wines exemplify the very best of handcrafted Clare Valley winemaking. The first Wakefield St. Andrews wines were released in 1999 and have developed a reputation as benchmark examples of great Clare Valley wine. As our flagship, St Andrews is only released in the finest vintages.