Simple1 hour 10 minutesFast
This Cozy Autumn Breakfast Casserole recipe is overflowing with my favourite seasonal roasted veggies and (optionally available) sausage, it’s straightforward to make forward of time, and it’s assured to be the hit of your brunch!
What to do with leftover veggies from my Cozy Autumn Wild Rice Soup recipe?
Why, flip them right into a scrumptious breakfast casserole! ♡
Seems that this easy seasonal mixture of candy potatoes, kale, mushrooms (when you’d like), garlic, onions and zesty seasoning interprets simply as completely into a comfy autumn breakfast casserole because it does a creamy wild rice soup. Granted, I did additionally toss in a purple pepper and Yukon gold potatoes for a bit further shade. Plus some savory sausage, which was scrumptious but in addition completely optionally available when you’d choose to maintain this one vegetarian. And ultimately, the consequence?
Palms-down one of the vital scrumptious breakfast casseroles I’ve ever made.
Plus — bonus! — this one can be super-easy to prep forward of time. And it’s naturally gluten-free and dairy-free, which is usually a little extra pleasant for serving to a giant crowd. So when you’re searching for a stellar and easy breakfast casserole to serve to your family members amidst the hustle and bustle of this vacation season, I extremely suggest giving this recipe a strive. Right here’s the way to make it!
Cozy Autumn Breakfast Casserole Substances:
Alright, to make this breakfast casserole recipe, you will have:
- Autumn Veggies: I used a mixture of candy potatoes, Yukon gold potatoes, child bella mushrooms, purple bell pepper and onion, which we’ll roast collectively till tender. However be at liberty to toss in some other veggies that you simply prefer to roast as nicely. (For instance, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower and/or Brussels sprouts would even be scrumptious!)
- Kale: Or spinach, or some other greens that you simply choose.
- Garlic: For seasoning.
- Sausage: Be happy to make use of breakfast sausage, Italian sausage (gentle, candy or spicy), or any form of sausage that you simply choose. Or, be at liberty to sub in bacon or ham. Or simply pass over the meat totally and hold this casserole vegetarian.
- Outdated Bay Seasoning: I like this zesty seasoning (affiliate hyperlink). But when it’s not your favourite, be at liberty to sub in some Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, or no matter you could choose.
- Eggs: And many ’em!
How To Make A Breakfast Casserole:
I’m going to let you know proper now — the lengthy checklist of directions appears to be like rather more difficult than it’s! To make this casserole, merely:
- Roast the greens. Both on a really giant baking sheet, or two medium baking sheets, roast the mushrooms, potatoes, purple bell pepper and onion till tender.
- Brown the sausage. In the meantime, because the veggies are roasting, brown the sausage in a big skillet on the range. And on the very finish, toss within the garlic and kale to offer them a fast sauté as nicely.
- Whisk the eggs. Then, in a separate giant bowl or measuring cup, whisk collectively the eggs, milk, Outdated Bay seasoning, plus an additional 1 teaspoon salt and half of teaspoon black pepper till mixed.
- Assemble the casserole. Then toss the veggies and sausage collectively within the baking dish, unfold them out in a fair layer, and drizzle the egg combination evenly on prime of them.
- Bake. Uncovered for about 30 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted in the midst of the casserole comes out fully clear. (If the veggies on prime of the casserole get too browned earlier than the casserole is completed, simply lay a chunk of aluminum foil gently on prime of the baking dish till the within is cooked via.)
- Serve heat. Then slice, serve, and luxuriate in!
Need to combine issues up with this breakfast casserole recipe? Be happy to both:
- Make it vegetarian. You possibly can both use vegan sausage (I actually love Italian Discipline Roast), or nix the sausage totally.
- Make it spicy. I like utilizing spicy Italian sausage for an additional kick, or you too can add in a number of pinches of crushed purple pepper flakes.
- Add cheese. Truthfully, this casserole is impressively flavorful and creamy with out the cheese. However be at liberty so as to add in any shredded cheeses that you simply love. (I might suggest about 1 cup shredded cheese.) Or crumbled comfortable cheeses equivalent to goat, feta or blue cheese could be scrumptious too. (I might suggest about half of cup crumbled comfortable cheese.)
- Fluctuate the seasonal veggies. If you happen to’re not making this recipe within the autumn or winter, be at liberty to sub in no matter seasonal roasted veggies that you simply love.
To make this breakfast casserole forward of time, merely comply with the recipe directions beneath via step 5 (pouring within the egg combination). Then cowl the baking dish snugly with plastic wrap or foil, and refrigerate for as much as 24 hours. When you’re able to bake the casserole, let it relaxation on the counter for 30 minutes or till it practically reaches room temperature. Then bake as directed.
Yield: 12 servings
Cozy Autumn Breakfast Casserole
This Cozy Autumn Breakfast Casserole recipe is overflowing with my favourite seasonal roasted veggies and (optionally available) sausage. See notes above for attainable variations, plus tips about the way to prep this casserole forward of time.
- eight ounces child bella mushrooms, quartered
- 1.5 kilos potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch cubes (I used half candy potatoes, half Yukon gold)
- 1 giant purple bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, peeled and diced
- Three tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 pound floor Italian sausage (or breakfast sausage)
- four cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 handfuls roughly-chopped contemporary kale, robust stems discarded
- 15 eggs, whisked
- 2/Three cup milk
- 1 half of tablespoons Outdated Bay Seasoning, or extra/much less to style
- Prep oven and baking pan. Warmth oven to 400°F. Line a big baking sheet (or two medium baking sheets) with parchment paper; put aside. Evenly mist a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray; put aside.
- Roast the greens. Unfold the mushrooms, potatoes, purple bell pepper, and onion out on a big baking sheet (or two medium baking sheets). Drizzle evenly with the oil, and season with a number of beneficiant pinches of salt and pepper. Toss the veggies till they’re evenly coated with the oil and organized in a fair layer, not overlapping. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or till the potatoes are tender. Take away baking sheet(s) from the oven, and punctiliously switch the veggies into the ready baking dish; put aside.
- Brown the sausage. In the meantime, because the veggies are roasting, prepare dinner the sausage in a big sauté pan over medium-high warmth till browned, utilizing a picket spoon to interrupt up and crumble the sausage because it cooks. As soon as the sausage is browned, add within the garlic and kale and sauté for an additional 2-Three minutes, stirring sometimes, till aromatic. (If there may be not leftover oil within the pan from the sausage, you could want so as to add in an additional teaspoon or two to sauté the garlic and kale.) Take away pan from warmth, and switch the sausage into the ready baking dish; put aside.
- Whisk the eggs. In a separate giant bowl or measuring cup, whisk collectively the eggs, milk, Outdated Bay seasoning, plus an additional 1 teaspoon salt and half of teaspoon black pepper till mixed.
- Assemble the casserole. As soon as the veggies and sausage have been cooked and added to the baking dish, use a spoon to offer them a quick toss. Then unfold the combination out in a fair layer within the baking dish. Rigorously pour the whisked egg combination evenly on prime of the veggies and sausage.
- Bake. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted in the midst of the casserole comes out fully clear. (If the veggies on prime of the casserole get too browned earlier than the casserole is completed, simply lay a chunk of aluminum foil gently on prime of the baking dish till the within is cooked via.) Take away from the oven and switch to a cooling rack to chill for 10 minutes.
- Serve heat. Then slice, serve, and luxuriate in! Or cowl and refrigerate for as much as Three days.
*If making this recipe gluten-free, you’ll want to use all licensed gluten-free substances. If making this recipe dairy-free, simply use your favourite plain non-dairy milk.
Problem: SimpleClass: Fast
All pictures and textual content ©
If you happen to make this recipe, you’ll want to snap a photograph and hashtag it #gimmesomeoven. I might like to see what you prepare dinner!