This wholesome banana muffins recipe is simple to make with on a regular basis components, evenly sweetened with maple syrup, naturally gluten-free, and so tasty.
After posting recipes for wholesome pumpkin muffins and wholesome apple muffins this autumn, it was solely pure that this recipe was quickly to comply with.
We’re speaking in the present day about how one can make wholesome banana muffins!
I switched to those muffins this fall as soon as I ran out of pumpkin puree for the season. And oh my goodness, I’m satisfied that banana something baking within the oven beats any scented candle you should buy. These are assured to make your own home odor wonderful. And much more importantly, they style nice!
This wholesome banana muffins recipe can be notably lightened up in comparison with conventional muffins, because of utilizing old school oats rather than all-purpose flour and maple syrup and rather than granulated sugar. They’re additionally stuffed with numerous candy, ripe bananas, as a result of my high precedence right here is that the banana-y taste actually come by. They’re spiced with pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves), which occurs to pair completely with banana in addition to pumpkin. And they’re downright scrumptious.
I already know you’re going to like them. ♡
Be happy to make a giant batch and freeze the extras in the event you’d like. However likelihood is, these banana muffins are usually not going to final lengthy. Let’s make some!
Wholesome Banana Muffin Components:
To make these wholesome banana muffins, you have to:
- Mashed ripe bananas: Simply mash and pack them tightly right into a measuring cup to measure the correct amount. 1 cup = roughly two medium bananas.
- Old style oats: Which we’ll pulse within the blender or meals processor till they’re finely floor to make our oat flour. Or, you’re welcome to use store-bought oat flour as an alternative.
- Pumpkin pie spice: I really feel like this spice mix pairs rather well with banana muffins too. However be happy to use any combo of your favourite warming spices as an alternative.
- Almond milk: Or your favourite type of nut milk or cow’s milk.
- Maple syrup: Or you could possibly sub in honey, in the event you desire.
- Coconut oil: Only a few tablespoons (or be happy to sub in your favourite mild-flavored oil).
- Eggs, salt, vanilla and baking soda: As a result of…muffins.
- Turbinado sugar: Completely optionally available, however I like the additional trace of sweetness and crunch and sparkle on high
As at all times, if making this recipe gluten-free, be sure you double verify that your entire components are licensed gluten-free. (Particularly the oats.) And you may both grease the muffin cups, or use baking liners. I simply made my very own parchment baking cups within the images right here.
How To Make Banana Muffins:
To make this wholesome banana muffins recipe, merely:
- Make your oat “flour”: Add your oats to a blender or meals processor and pulse till they attain a superb flour-like consistency.
- Mix your dry components: Add the pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda, and pulse till evenly mixed.
- Whisk collectively your moist components: In a separate mixing bowl, whisk collectively the mashed bananas, eggs, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla till evenly mixed.
- Mix the 2. Fold the dry components in with the moist, and use a spatula to stir collectively till simply mixed. (Attempt to not over-stir.)
- Fill your muffin cups. Portion the batter evenly between 12 muffin cups. (I at all times like to do that with a big cookie scoop. You’ll want a heaping scoop of batter for this particular recipe — about 1/three cup per muffin.) Then sprinkle with a pinch of turbinado sugar, in the event you’d like.
- Bake. Till a toothpick inserted within the middle of a muffin comes out clear, about 15 minutes.
- Get pleasure from! I like these muffins greatest contemporary outta the oven. However as soon as they’ve cooled to room temperature, be happy to retailer them in a sealed container for as much as three days, or freeze (tightly wrapped in plastic wrap) for as much as three months.
Be happy to additionally add in:
- Chocolate chips: As a result of…chocolate.
- Nuts or seeds: Equivalent to pepitas, pecans, sunflower seeds, walnuts, and many others. You may both sprinkle them on high of the muffins, or fold them into the batter.
- Dried fruit: Dried cranberries, raisins, apricots…no matter you like.
- A maple glaze: Whisk collectively powdered sugar and maple syrup till they kind a glaze-like consistency, and drizzle over your muffins for further sweetness
Extra Favourite Muffin Recipes:
Searching for extra wholesome muffin recipes? Take a look at my:
Get pleasure from, everybody! ♡
Yield: 12 servings
Wholesome Banana Muffins
This wholesome banana muffins recipe is simple to make with on a regular basis components, evenly sweetened with maple syrup, naturally gluten-free, and so tasty. See notes above for optionally available add-ins.
- three cups old school oats*
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice, selfmade or store-bought
- 1 half of teaspoons baking soda
- three/four teaspoon superb sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, plain or vanilla
- 1 cup tightly-packed mashed ripe bananas
- half of cup maple syrup
- three tablespoons melted coconut oil (or any mild-flavored oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optionally available: turbinado sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking liners, or evenly grease with cooking spray. Put aside.
- Puree oats in a blender or meals processor till they attain a flour-like consistency. Add within the pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and sea salt, and pulse till the combination is evenly mixed. Put aside.
- In a separate massive mixing bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, milk, mashed banana, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract till evenly mixed. Fold the dry components in with the moist ingredient combination, and stir till the combination is simply mixed. (Attempt to keep away from over-mixing.)
- Portion the components into ready baking cups. Then sprinkle a pinch of turbinado sugar on high of every muffin, if you want.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted within the middle of the muffins comes out clear. Take away from the oven and place the pan on a cooling rack for five minutes.
- Serve heat. Or let the muffins cool to room temperature, then retailer in a sealed container for as much as three days, or freeze for as much as three months.
*Or be happy to substitute in 240 grams (eight.four ounces) oat flour. And as at all times, be sure you use licensed gluten-free components if making this recipe gluten-free.
Recipe tailored from Cooking Mild.
Issue: StraightforwardClass: Gluten-Free
All pictures and textual content ©
In the event you make this recipe, be sure you snap a photograph and hashtag it #gimmesomeoven. I would like to see what you prepare dinner!