I get so many questions on the way to prepare dinner spaghetti squash, so I assumed I’d share my go-to methodology for roasting it, a couple of suggestions, and a few my favourite spaghetti squash recipes.
First issues first: reduce it, scoop out the seeds and, roast it.
Subsequent, drizzle the insides frivolously with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. I discover that including an excessive amount of oil and an excessive amount of salt at this stage makes the squash a bit watery, so a lightweight drizzle and a lightweight sprinkle will do.
Poke a couple of holes within the pores and skin of the squash with a fork and place it reduce facet down on a baking sheet. Pop it in a pre-heated 400°F oven.
A mistake I used to make was roasting my squash too lengthy. I used to roast it for an hour or longer, however now I roast it for 30 to 40 minutes. I initially thought the squash wanted to be tremendous tender and fork tender to ensure that the strands to “spaghetti,” however over time I’ve discovered that I want my strands to be extra al dente (and fewer mushy), and that the 1 hour mark was too lengthy. In fact, the timing will fully depend upon the scale of your squash and the warmth of your specific oven. It may possibly additionally differ from squash to squash, so regulate your cooking time accordingly.
As soon as it’s roasted and funky sufficient to the touch, use a fork to scrape the strands. I like to begin from the skin and work my manner in, fluffing them up as I am going.
That’s it! Season it with extra salt and pepper and serve it as a easy veggie facet. Or incorporate it into your favourite spaghetti squash recipes. Listed here are two of mine (pictured under): Spaghetti Squash with Chickpeas and Kale and Lemon Pesto Spaghetti Squash.
Prepare dinner Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and ribbing. Drizzle the within of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the spaghetti squash reduce facet down on the baking sheet and use a fork to poke holes. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes or till frivolously browned on the skin, fork tender, however nonetheless a litte bit agency. The time will differ relying on the scale of your squash. I additionally discover that the timing can differ from squash to squash.
- Take away from the oven and flip the squash in order that it’s reduce facet up. When cool to the contact, use a fork to scrape and fluff the strands from the perimeters of the squash.