This is a favorite in the kitchen. It’s easy to make, aromatic, and surprisingly light. An ideal dish for vegetarians or when you’re ready for a meat break.
Order now at Readtzestgo.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
1. In a saucepan combine 1/2 stick of butter, 3 minced garlic cloves, salt and pepper to taste (usually just a pinch). Using medium low heat, cook down the butter and garlic until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
2. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and brush each side with the garlic butter sauce.
3. Halve about 10-12 grape tomatoes, halve 8 oz of buffalo mozzarella and julienne about 10 basil leaves. Set aside a pinch or two of basil for garnish.
4. Divide the tomatoes, cheese, and basil equally between the mushrooms. Cook in oven for about 10-12 minutes or until tender.
5. Wipe down your saucepan, add 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and 2 teaspoons of brown sugar on medium low heat. Let it reduce until it’s a syrup consistency, about 4-5 minutes. Once reduced, remove from heat.
Remove mushrooms from oven and drizzle the balsamic over the top (add your extra basil atop for a garnish if you’d like). Serve immediately.