This 15-Minute Sesame Noodles recipe is fast and straightforward to make and might be served heat or chilly. Be at liberty so as to add in further veggies or proteins (similar to rooster, beef, pork, shrimp, tofu, and so forth.) in the event you’d like!
Acquired 15 minutes?
Let’s make some sesame noodles! ♡
This was really one of many very first recipes that I shared on the weblog approach again in 2009, and it has been certainly one of my back-pocket, most-used, and most-loved recipes ever since.
As you’ll be able to see, it’s ridiculously fast and straightforward to make, mainly simply taking nevertheless lengthy your range requires to warmth and cook dinner a batch of pasta. It’s tossed with a yummy easy sesame sauce made totally with pantry components. (So no chopping required!) It really works goes effectively as a facet dish with absolutely anything, or can be gussied up with further veggies or proteins to make it a foremost. It’s simply as scrumptious served scorching outta the pan, or good and chilly as a pasta salad. And most significantly — these sesame noodles are completely tasty.
We make them consistently to serve with stir-frys, soups, salads or baked/grilled proteins. And they’re at all times a success with any crowd. So in the event you love noodles as a lot as we do, I believed I’d bump this one again to the highest of the weblog immediately as a way to bookmark and preserve in your again pocket as effectively!
Sesame Noodles Components:
To make this straightforward sesame noodles recipe, you will have:
- Noodles: I’ve at all times simply made this recipe with linguine. However nearly any sort of noodles will work right here!
- Soy sauce: I exploit low-sodium soy sauce.
- Rice vinegar: Or you might substitute crimson wine vinegar as effectively.
- Toasted sesame oil: One in all my favourite components ever — a lot taste!
- Floor ginger and garlic powder: I’m taking a shortcut right here, so that you just don’t must get out your chopping board. However you’re welcome to sub in recent ginger and garlic in the event you’d like.
- Chili garlic sauce: I like the flavour of this sauce, however sriracha or different another scorching chili sauces that you just like would additionally work.
- Black pepper: Freshly-cracked is a should right here! I additionally love including further to the noodles simply earlier than serving.
- Inexperienced onions: We are going to toss these into the noodles themselves, however be happy to sprinkle on a number of extras as a garnish.
- Toasted sesame seeds: These are one other optionally available garnish, however I like the additional taste and crunch that they add. Don’t overlook to calmly toast the sesame seeds to convey out their taste!
How To Make Sesame Noodles:
To make these sesame noodles, merely:
- Prepare dinner your pasta. No matter sort of pasta you select, simply cook dinner it al dente in line with package deal directions.
- Whisk collectively the sauce. In the meantime, because the pasta is cooking, whisk your whole sauce components collectively in a small bowl till mixed.
- Toss every part collectively. Then as soon as the pasta’s able to go, drain it fully. Then toss it with the sauce and inexperienced onions.
- Style and season. See if it wants any further salt, pepper, sesame oil and/or chili garlic sauce.
- Serve heat or chilly. Then serve the noodles up instantly in the event you’d like, garnished along with your favourite toppings. Or — switch them to a sealed container and refrigerate for as much as Four days.
Guys, the sky’s the restrict with variations on this one! Be at liberty to:
- Add in protein. Be at liberty so as to add in some rooster, beef, pork, shrimp, or tofu to your noodles, both stir-fried in a separate sauté pan or baked individually within the oven.
- Add in veggies. Nearly any stir-fry veggies would work effectively with these noodles, similar to asparagus, bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, inexperienced beans, mushrooms, onions, peas, squash or zucchini.
- Add in greens. Sautéed bok choy, cabbage, kale, spinach or different greens would even be scrumptious blended in.
- Make it peanut-y. Be at liberty so as to add in 2-Three tablespoons of pure peanut butter to the sauce to make it extra of a peanut sauce.
- Make it sweeter. Sounds odd, however I additionally love this recipe with a tablespoon of maple syrup added. It makes for a pleasant candy and salty stability.
- Make it spicy. Be at liberty to double or triple the quantity of garlic chili sauce within the recipe if you need an additional kick.
- Use completely different noodles. Any sort of noodles — from ramen to rice noodles, udon, soba, yakisoba, lo mein noodles or candy potato noodles — would work effectively on this recipe.
- Use zoodles. Need to make this gluten-free and more healthy? Strive subbing in zucchini noodles for half (or all!) of the noodles.
What To Serve With Sesame Noodles:
These sesame noodles would go effectively with quite a few different dishes, together with:
- Stir-Fry: Just about any sort of stir fry would pair scrumptious with these noodles, similar to my Magical Garlicky Tofu, Hen and Broccoli, Sesame Beef and Cabbage Stir-Fry, Pineapple Ginger Hen Stir-Fry, or Sizzlin’ Spicy Szechuan Stir-Fry,
- Soup: I like serving these noodles with my Egg Drop Soup, Scorching and Bitter Soup or Miso Soup.
- Proteins: Any of your favourite proteins, similar to Hen, Beef, Pork, Shrimp, or Tofu, can be scrumptious served alongside (or blended into) these noodles.
- Veggies: The noodles would additionally pair effectively with a facet of All the pieces Roasted Asparagus or Miso Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
Get pleasure from, everybody!
Yield: Four-6 servings
This straightforward sesame noodles recipe might be made in simply 15 minutes, and might be served both heat or chilly. It’s additionally nice with some further veggies or proteins blended in!
- 1 pound (16 ounces) raw pasta (I used linguine)
- 1/Four cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon floor ginger
- half teaspoon chili garlic sauce or sriracha
- half teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/Four teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- half cup thinly-sliced inexperienced onions
- optionally available toppings: toasted sesame seeds, further inexperienced onions, further black pepper
- Prepare dinner pasta al dente in line with package deal directions in a big pot of generously-salted water.
- In the meantime, because the pasta is cooking, whisk collectively the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, floor ginger, chili garlic sauce, garlic powder and black pepper collectively in a bowl till mixed.
- As soon as the pasta is prepared, drain it. Then instantly toss the pasta with the sauce and inexperienced onions till mixed.
- Serve heat or chilly, sprinkled along with your desired toppings. Or switch to a sealed container and refrigerate for as much as Four days.
Recipe edited in January 2019.
Problem: StraightforwardClass: Vegan
All pictures and textual content ©
Should you make this recipe, be sure you snap a photograph and hashtag it #gimmesomeoven. I would like to see what you cook dinner!