I’m undecided why the heck it took me 7 years of running a blog about pure meals (that’s 7 vacation seasons) to consider utilizing pomegranates to brighten cookies. In fact, I’ve used them atop Christmas crostini and even vacation hummus, however come on Jeanine, it’s December and what we actually want are cookies! These tahini almond cookies are such yummy little treats… in addition they occur to be vegan and gluten free.
For this put up, we’re partnering, as soon as once more, with POM Great as a result of if I haven’t said it sufficient on this weblog through the years – we predict pomegranates ARE great! 🙂 These cute little POM POMS arils carry such a candy pop of taste, plus who doesn’t love a little bit antioxidant enhance by the use of dessert?
This cookie dough is made with almond flour as the bottom, tahini because the binder, and maple syrup because the sweetener. To boost the almond I used almond extract as a substitute of the vanilla that I’d usually use. And to make them further good, I spiced them with cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger. These flavors are so beautiful with the nutty tahini.
It is a tremendous straightforward one-bowl recipe. Simply combine the dough, scoop them, and calmly flatten them (they received’t unfold an excessive amount of within the oven).
And beautify them! I can’t recover from the little ruby purple gems. These make me so completely satisfied!
POM POMS (POM Great’s model of arils, or seeds, derived from contemporary pomegranates), can be found now via January in handy four.three and Eight-ounce packs. Discover them within the lower fruit produce part of most grocery shops.
These cookies freeze nicely. Make an additional batch (pictured are 2 batches), and freeze any that you simply may need leftover. Or higher but, carry them to a vacation cookie swap to share.
Tahini & Pomegranate Almond Cookies
- ¾ cup tahini*
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon floor cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon floor ginger
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a big baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl, whisk collectively the tahini, maple syrup, and vanilla till easy. Add the almond flour and sprinkle the cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, baking powder, and salt evenly over the combination. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir till nicely mixed.
- Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the dough and use your arms to roll it into balls. Place them on the baking sheet and press all the way down to flatten barely. Sprinkle with pomegranates and bake for 15 to 17 minutes or till calmly browned. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then switch to a wire rack to complete cooling.
Notice: I made two batches of cookies for these pictures – they freeze nicely so I really like having further round!
Particular due to POM Great for partnering on this put up!